Features and Specifications
The Paramount MX has a broad range of exciting features and capabilities that will keep you focused on the stars and not your equipment. Software Bisque urges you to compare the Paramount MX feature set with every other commercial mount in this price range before buying any mount.
- German equatorial mount equipment capacity (not including the counterweights): 90 lb (41 kg)
- Weight of the mount (including the Versa-Plate): 50 lb (23 kg)
- Every Paramount MX component is custom machined from 6061 aluminum at Software Bisque's production facility. The precision worms are machined from brass.
- Brass worms and aluminum gears that have a maximum seven (7) arcsecond peak-to-peak periodic error before periodic error correction. When periodic error correction is applied, the resulting peak-to-peak periodic error should be approximately one (1) arcsecond or less.
- Both the right ascension and declination axes have a simple three position mechanical "switch" to engage the worm during normal operation, disengage the worm from the gear when balancing the payload, or lock the axis during transit
- GEM design allows the right ascension axis to track past the meridian for up to 2 hours (time).
- All internal harnesses (cables) and motors are encapsulated inside the body of the mount, just like the Paramount ME.
- Through the mount access holes allow you to add your own internal cables.
- Calibrated polar alignment adjustments that are virtually identical to the Paramount ME.
- Paramount ME-like homing, tracking and pointing performance.
- 7.5-inch right ascension and declination gears (375 teeth).
- 6-inch contact ball bearings in both right ascension and declination.
- Periodic error correction curve fitting included with TheSkyX Professional Edition.
- 45 arcminute bubble level included.
- A Paramount MX-style Versa-Plate for attaching optical tube assemblies is included.
- Power supply included. Paramount MX power supply specifications: Max Power Output: 80W, Input: 100-240VAC ~47-63 Hz 1.9A, Output: 48V 1.66A max.
- Two (2) 20 lb (9kg) counterweights included. Note that the Paramount MX and Paramount ME counterweights are identical.
- 16-in. (41 cm) counterweight shaft included.
- Standard Paramount MX wedge can be adjusted to reach latitudes from ten (10) degrees to slightly higher than sixty-five (65) degrees. A Paramount ME-like Latitude Adjustment Wedge will be available for latitudes outside this region.
- Azimuth axis polar axis adjustment range is plus or minus 3.5 degrees from center position (seven degrees total).
- Altitude and azimuth polar alignment knobs are calibrated, so that making adjustments using the TPoint Polar Alignment Report simple and accurate.
- The Paramount MX includes Software Bisque's fourth generation dual axis telescope control system (called the MKS 5000).